Thursday, February 28, 2008

Parents starve baby to death

Parents Tracy Hermann and James Sargent are charged in Peoria with starving their 5 month year old baby, Benjamin Sargent to death:

This is brutal 1st degree homicide. I'm very pleased to hear that Lyons may seak the death penalty, I would absolutely encourage and push him to do that. You not only need to do it to provide justice to the infant but to send a message to the public that this kind of crime will not be tolerated. I hate bail! They should not be released pending trial... they should be in jail. Its really interesting for me to hear defense attorneys say that these people should be found not guilty because of their "troubled past" and "history of mental illness." They absolutely refuse to let their clients take any responsibilty. It goes back to what I was saying about defense attornies, I just don't understand how they do what they do. If their fight in the courtroom allowed these parents back on the street to do it agian... I just couldn't live with myself.

The authorities need to be working around the clock to remove the 3 year old from the home.

No comments: